Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Blog

Hello, all.

This is my and Odin's first blog. Undertaken due to inexplicably long and heartfelt posts on Border Collie boards, this blog will be our attempt to document the unlikely combination of lazy couch potato Kelly + the perpetual motion machine Odin, a collie of the most impressive sort. Together we live with Kelly's husband (and Odin's father) icol, + brothers Dr. Benway and Lobo. This blog will serve to document our learning path.

So far, Odin knows how to:

sit (hand signal, voice, or both)
down
stand
wait (stay for most dogs)
spin around (needs hand signal for direction)
shake
paw (=lefty shake)
hi-5
give me some skiiin
roll over
peekaboo (between the legs)
come around (the tree, pole, or leg)
target (touch random object)
touch (nose to finger)
walk (up on hind legs)
head down
drop it
take it
get it
heel
hup (jump over)

We will keep updating our trick list. Odin is 7 months, and replaces my Mesto, best cat ever. Odin is nothing like Mesto, and yet I love him just as much! While I have always been a cat person I have to admit it is very cool, being able to take your pet with you different places. Odin goes with me to work, hiking, on errands, and anywhere else a dog can go. Already he is a wonderful companion.

No comments: